Answered

Amazon Firestick 4k and Sonos Beam

• 26 March 2020
  • 3 replies

The voice commands on my sonos beam have never worked properly with my firestick even though I have the two linked (at least I think I did it correctly). The strange thing though is when I use voice commands with my firestick remote in changes the tv inut to the sonos beam and I get a black screen with white squiggly lines that cycles through different patterns. I have to physically change the input back to the firestick to do anything and its like I never did a voice command in the first place. Has anyone run into this issue, I can’t seem to figure it out! I have an LG smart tv if that helps. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 March 2020, 13:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the Amazon 4K stick and the LG OLED C9 TV with the Sonos Beam and I’m not getting the issue you mention. Perhaps check your “equipment control” settings on the Firestick and ensure the FireTV is set for use on the correct HDMI port in that area. Also perhaps ensure your TV and Firestick are each running on the latest firmware updates.

Thanks for your input. I fixed the issue by going into the Amazon 4K stick settings and there is an option to automatically change inputs, which I turned off.  Everything works now.