Question

Amazon Fire TV

• 27 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a fire TV (which I use as my family room Alexa) on Input 2 of my TV. My sonos is connected to the fire TV and works fine when on input 2. When I am watching cable (Input 1) and ask Alexa a question I get no sound at all but Alexa is responding. Is there any way to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you tried connecting your Sonos Playbar to the TV rather than your Fire TV box?

Have you tried connecting your Sonos Playbar to the TV rather than your Fire TV box?

It is connected to the TV via Optical

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@sixogto21 Just to get a better understanding of your issue. Are you able to get audio playback coming out of your Playbar when you are watching from Cable?

I have no clue how but my wife got it to work no matter what is playing through my sonos. Alexa will now interrupt the sound to answer me. She re paired with an iPhone (I have a Note 10+) maybe that was the difference? Weird. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

As far as i am concerned, it shouldn’t mater what OS are we using for functionality. Alexa interrupts the audio as it is waiting for a voice command. Were there any changes to your TV your wife might’ve changed that you’re aware of?