Amazon Alexa stops randomly listening

Alexa will randomly stop listening for instructions unless holding the microphone button down. So far I can not identify what causes this to happen, but when it happens it will only work when I hold down the button on the actual device. The only way I can restore Alexa to listen for verbal commands is to reinstall the app again! Does anyone have suggestions how to stop this from happening?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest that you Disable then Enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that but it only works temporarily the same as deleting the full apps. I was hoping there is a setting I can change, ie maybe a setting that stops Alexa Listening to a movie/song dialogue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
When Alexa randomly stops responding, is the microphone light on? I’m curious if the microphone is turning off on its own or the problem is the connection to Amazon Alexa.
The light turns off. When I hold down the microphone button it turns on and I can use Alexa, but when I let go it turns off again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is this easily reproducible? If so, please submit a diagnostic report shortly after this happens again and reply here with the confirmation number. I'd be happy to dig a little further into the logs and see if I can point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings