Answered

Amazon Alexa add-on for existing devices

Does Sonos have a add-on device that enables existing devices to run Amazon Alexa? I have eight Sonos devices and I don't want to replace them with a Alexa enabled Sonos One, or at all for that matter! I need a Sonos bridge type device that integrates with Alexa, does this exist or do you know if its coming??
icon

Best answer by chicks 13 June 2018, 23:44

Amazon Dots will work just fine. They’re very sensitive, so shouldn’t need one per Sonos speaker.
View original

3 replies

Amazon Dots will work just fine. They’re very sensitive, so shouldn’t need one per Sonos speaker.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have a couple of dots, bought when on offer. They work well.

It does take some getting used to and Alexa gives the appearance of learning your commands. Best I’ve found is to phrase commands the same way it responds.

And, importantly, the Alexa device MUST have name different from anything else. Or the poor thing doesn’t know what you are talking about.
Thanks for that, I'll try the dot's now that it official that Sonos and Amazon have teamed up! Cheers

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings