Question

Alexa wont play songs from Apple Music

• 4 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,  I (like many others) am not having any success getting Alexa on Sonos one gen 2 to play Apple music content via Alexa voice commands here in Ireland. I have unlinked and relinked skills, devices etc in Alexa. I have also set Apple Music as default Streaming service in Alexa app, but Alexa does not find any music on Apple Mysic via voice commands ( yet works perfectly when playing Apple Music content on Sonos app. Any help greatly appreciated. 

iphone7 plus running iOS 13.7 with latest Sonos software and Alexa App software. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Cybersecurity2020.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

We’re you able to add the Alexa voice service to Sonos?

Is it working with other music services except for Apple Music?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wgeithner.

Thanks for reaching out and my apologies for the delayed response time, let me help you out.

If you are still experiencing issues, please start by submitting a diagnostic report from your Sonos app while the issue occurs and post the confirmation number here so that I can take a look. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything under the hood that is causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

I habe the same issue with a Sonos one A100, model S13 in Germany. Apple Music connected to Sonos and plays via iOS app. Amazon Alexa active on Sonos and Apple Music is favorite music streaming service in Alexa.

Still I cannot make Alexa play music by “Alexa ply Apple Music. It asks me to connect my account in the Alexa App (what I did).