Answered

Alexa Won't Talk to Me!

All set up; couldn't get the Alexa App on to Mac (should I be able to?) si I Used Sonos App in the 'Skills' section and added from there. When that didn't work for voice recon. I tried my wife's phone (I don't carry one). Sonos App recognises where it is in the house etc. using both. and I added Spotify / radio stations etc. . On the Alexa side it recognises the speaker and where it is plus I added Spotify there. ie. I think it's all in place. Speaker can play radio etc. (white light on top but the voice activation thing... nothing. Any ideas what I've missed??
icon

Best answer by Chris 17 March 2018, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What is your Alexa device. Do you have a Sonos One or are you using an Amazon device (dot, echo, show etc.).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All set up; couldn't get the Alexa App on to Mac (should I be able to?) si I Used Sonos App in the 'Skills' section and added from there. When that didn't work for voice recon. I tried my wife's phone (I don't carry one). Sonos App recognises where it is in the house etc. using both. and I added Spotify / radio stations etc. . On the Alexa side it recognises the speaker and where it is plus I added Spotify there. ie. I think it's all in place. Speaker can play radio etc. (white light on top but the voice activation thing... nothing. Any ideas what I've missed??

You should have two white lights on the top of your Sonos One - the small white round light indicates if the mic is on or off.
Hi - it's a Sonos One - aha! Just one white light on the top - how do I activate that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
On the top of the circle at top there is a microphone logo. Tapping it lights up the microphone light telling you it is on
Thanks - I've tapped - no light...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Strange. You have setup in alexa app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you done this

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4347/~/setting-up-the-sonos-one-with-amazon-alexa
Issue may be I was trying to do it all via the Mac - I don't carry a mobile. I'll borrow my wife (if she'll let me ) when she gets home - her old one (without the SIM card in) can't find the SONOS network so maybe that's the issue there. Thanks for your help both of you:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try plugging the Sonos One into your router via Ethernet cable. Chose boost setup on her old phone. Follow setup. When done go to Sonos settings. Advanced. WiFi. Enter your WiFi info. The. Unplug atd out where you want it. Then make sure it is working in Sonos app. Then go into alexa app on her old phone and setup it in alexa.
Thanks for all the Help - worked out (finally) and sounds Great 🙂