Alexa won't play Amazon Music

• 16 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Tried to get Alexa to play a song and she says "Playing song on Amazon Music. Sorry device is offline."

First, how do you fix this? Second, why can't this Sonos One work with Alexa for more than a few days? It's been a year long lesson in frustration with this thing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried a reboot of your router?
Yes. And the devices themselves. Not sure what she thinks is offline. All devices are online in the app. When I tell her to discover devices she says no new devices.
Yes. And the devices themselves. Not sure what she thinks is offline. All devices are online in the app. When I tell her to discover devices she says no new devices.
That's normal. When you tell her to discover devices, the connection to Amazon Web Services gets re-established. If that doesn't help re-add the Alexa skill.
There’s an Alexa skill? I’m not seeing it. I have the Sonos skill and the SiriusXM skill. All that seems to be working again, but Alexa herself won’t play music from Amazon still.
Fixed this. I think. Poking around in the Sonos App for the Alexa settings I see my Amazon email address is the one I changed it from back in June. This is the third time I’ve had to remove the Sonos One from the system and readd it to fix the email address so the account works. Does anyone know why it continues to revert to the old one?
There’s an Alexa skill? I’m not seeing it. I have the Sonos skill and the SiriusXM skill. All that seems to be working again, but Alexa herself won’t play music from Amazon still.
I often say Alexa skill instead of Sonos skill.

Fixed this. I think. Poking around in the Sonos App for the Alexa settings I see my Amazon email address is the one I changed it from back in June. This is the third time I’ve had to remove the Sonos One from the system and readd it to fix the email address so the account works. Does anyone know why it continues to revert to the old one?
You have to sign in with the same email address to Amazon and Sonos in order to authorize the Sonos skill.
I understand that. Back in June I made the email address change at Amazon and all related Sonos logins, including Alexa. Since then, it has reverted back to an email address that I was using back than. I believe this is a Sonos problem because I still get Sonos spam at that email address, even though support and everywhere else shows me logging in under the new email address.