Answered

Alexa welcomes Apple Music to Amazon Echo

• 30 November 2018
  • 63 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

63 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Just received the Amazon Alexa update to add Apple Music on 12/17. Any news on how this will integrate with Sonos, given this is happening next week !!??
Badge
Damn. There was a little hope that it would work.
But also, the latest update to Alexa in Canada didn't even include the Apple Music feature. booooooo.
Apple Music was enabled today on Alexa. I configured it and it works on my Amazon Alexa devices.

However if I try to play music from Apple Music through Sonos devices Alexa replies, “Apple Music is not available on this device”. Works on Amazon Echo and Show. But not on Sonos. Super frustrating as I still have to get my phone out to airplay to Sonos. No voice control.

I bought these Sonos speakers for their Alexa integration but between this issue, not being able to use Sonos for drop in, and not being able to turn off the Alexa response sound on Sonos, I’m seriously regretting my decision to buy Sonos and am now thinking I need to power Alexa through a dumb amp and dump my Sonos.

Oh - and Sonos doesn’t act as a default Alexa device for a room either - smart groups. So that’s another missing feature.

These issues all make the Alexa integration more frustrating than useful on Sonos.
Pretty brutal; it's been shipping a day from Amazon and Sonos is supposed to be ready NOW... Yeesh. Airplay works fine for me.
I was able to ask my Echo to play Apple Music on my Play:1 and it worked fine.

Edit: Never mind. The music was coming from Amazon music, not Apple.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I’m not in the US.

What happens if you ask Alexa via the Echo Dot to play on your Sonos speaker?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Apparently Apple Music through Alexa is not available in Europe yet.

Ok, many thanks,
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Apparently Apple Music through Alexa is not available in Europe yet.

Doesn’t really matter if it’s not Sonos compatible anyway.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Any news on Apple Music support via Alexa/Echo ??

If Sonos is true to form, the first "news" you will hear from them will be an announcement that it has been released.

Let me Google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Apple+Music+Alexa+third+parties
😃
Userlevel 2
Badge

:D

Excellent. Adds absolutely nothing to what I already know and had already done. I’m not asking google I’m asking Sonos! But thanks for that.

:D

Love it chicks ? Gr8 SOH (made me laugh) ?