Answered

Alexa voice volume too loud

• 6 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have recently got the Sonos One and find that although the volume of the music played may be set to low the voice volume of Alexa is too loud. This is especially true at night. Is there any way of correcting this?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 7 March 2018, 02:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Same problem. Alexa voice volume is too loud and can’t go any lower than lowest setting which is volume 1 which is still too loud. Along with the inability to carry out routines, this is not the integrated Alexa experience I expected. Sonos great sound quality and network integration is not sufficient to make it worthwhile yet. Will be returning two Play 1s. Once issues are fixed, will be happy to come back.
Hello, it's been a year since the volume of Alexa can't be controlled independently, have you found any alternatives so far so the voice of Alexa isn't linked to the speaker volume?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, msphil. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. The volume of Amazon Alexa is directly tied to the volume of the speaker. For example, if you turn down the Sonos One, the volume of Alexa should go down as well. at the moment there is not a way to control the volume of Alexa separate from the volume of the speaker. In the meantime, I am happy to forward this request along to the team for consideration.

Thanks for the feedback!