Alexa Voice Skills in Ireland

• 10 January 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Wanted to start a thread for updates on Alexa voice skills in Ireland. Any update or planned launch date ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Agreed, this is as simple as turning it on for Sonos now that Amazon support Alexa in Ireland. Let's get it done Sonos!!! :D

As Ryan from Sonos stated in another thread, it is most certainly not as simple as turning it on:

Hi everyone, thanks for asking! We're hard at work building up the Alexa Skill for Sonos while adding to it. When Alexa support is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. We are committed to bringing Alexa voice control to Sonos in Ireland but don't have a timeline that we're ready to share just yet. Stay tuned for more.

People don't realize that there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes, and a lot of infrastructure which must be brought up to speed before adding a region with hundreds of thousands of potential users.

Thanks for explaining that. I appreciate that there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Shouldn't stop Sonos giving an estimated release date !
Userlevel 1
Hi Sonos. Any update on this ???
Userlevel 2
Badge

Just set your Sonos account to UK instead of Ireland and your good.
Agreed, this is as simple as turning it on for Sonos now that Amazon support Alexa in Ireland. Let's get it done Sonos!!! 😃
Agreed, this is as simple as turning it on for Sonos now that Amazon support Alexa in Ireland. Let's get it done Sonos!!! :D

As Ryan from Sonos stated in another thread, it is most certainly not as simple as turning it on:

Hi everyone, thanks for asking! We're hard at work building up the Alexa Skill for Sonos while adding to it. When Alexa support is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. We are committed to bringing Alexa voice control to Sonos in Ireland but don't have a timeline that we're ready to share just yet. Stay tuned for more.

People don't realize that there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes, and a lot of infrastructure which must be brought up to speed before adding a region with hundreds of thousands of potential users.
I hope the work is being carried out with Pace and urgency, we can't wait to Sonos Play!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Alexa, ask yer one if she’s on the pig’s back, lol.

Just set your Sonos account to UK instead of Ireland and your good.

Have you this working?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, I've set my Sonos account to UK. I've also set my Amazon account to UK too.
I have my amazon and sonos set to Ireland and I can ask Alexa to play my Spotify music on Sonos speaker.