Answered

Alexa voice commands not working with Sonos One

• 29 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Want to know if anyone has suggestions on how to fix voice control with Alexa. I can give a voice command, Alexa responds to the voice command and acknowledges that music is paying, but music does not play. I've tried re-installing Alexa control through Sonos service, but that didn't seem to work. Thought maybe because I am using Sonos hub vs local wifi to run speakers. Has anyone else run into this issue? Suggestions?
icon

Best answer by dpinskey 28 March 2018, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
lol 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
In another thread, I reported how I was finally able to get Alexa back on board executing commands. Turns out the Alexa SONOS skill was not working. After disabling the skill and then re-enabling it, all was again well in my SONOSphere. Thanks for all of the helpful tips all. Especially, the one for a little red wine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I just started having the problem at the top of this thread after a few months of Alexa working just fine with no problems. Currently Alexa will execute commands to turn on and off Philips Hue lights and answer questions like what is the current time. But when I ask her to play a song or a radio station. Nothing. If a song is already playing and I ask Alexa to stop. It keeps playing. My Echo Dot, however is able to perform all commands with no problem - even when asked to play something on a SONOS device.

Hi

As a test, can you include the Room Name in the command and see if that works? I've summerised the main reasons for Alexa not working within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I just started having the problem at the top of this thread after a few months of Alexa working just fine with no problems. Currently Alexa will execute commands to turn on and off Philips Hue lights and answer questions like what is the current time. But when I ask her to play a song or a radio station. Nothing. If a song is already playing and I ask Alexa to stop. It keeps playing. My Echo Dot, however is able to perform all commands with no problem - even when asked to play something on a SONOS device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Has this ever worked?

Please look at my suggested actions in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-issues-when-using-alexa-to-play-music-6794773