Answered

Alexa Voice Command for CBC Radio 2 Toronto

• 10 March 2018
  • 6 replies

For quite a while I couldn't find a way to get Alexa to play CBC Radio 2 Toronto. It would always play a different radio station (e.g. CBC Radio 1 or a CBC station in the Bahamas). So I had to use the app to play this station. Finally I found a way to get Alexa to recognize the station: "Alexa, play Radio 2 Toronto from TuneIn in Room X." That worked for a while then one day it stopped working. Once again I cannot find any way to get Alexa to play this station, though I have tried every combination of radio station name, location, frequency, call letters, etc. that I could think of. So I'm back to using the app when I want to listen to this station. Does anyone have any tips as to how I can get Alexa to play this radio station? Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 12 March 2018, 21:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, KGM. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I tried this at the Office and ran into the same problem. I tried "CBC Music Toronto" and "CBC Radio One Toronto" and both times it pulls CBC radio based out of Barbados. It even does this exact behavior on an Echo Dot, which leads me to believe it is something with how the command is being interpreted on the Amazon side of the equation.
Thanks for trying this out, Keith. Do you know of any way to solicit assistance on the Amazon side of the equation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, KGM. I think this is the place to start.

Note: Post contains link to third-party: Amazon. The information contained is not endorsed or published by Sonos.
Thanks for the pointer. I did a chat session with an Amazon rep and they connected me with technical support when they couldn't help. The tech support rep also couldn't get it to work and is referring the issue to another technical team. Maybe they'll be able to do something but I'm not going to hold my breath. Guess I'll just have to continue to use the app to hear this station. Still great sound on my Sonos speaker, just a little less convenient to get there. Thanks!
Good thought. I'll give that a shot when it becomes available. Thanks!
Tried Google Assistant out of curiosity. “Hey Google, Play C B C Radio two!”

“Playing CBC Music from TuneIn”

If that’s the correct station, then maybe the answer is to wait for GA integration into Sonos. I’ve tried getting help from the Alexa support team on other issues; it’s a lesson in frustration.