Question

Alexa Unresponsive on One

• 19 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a 6 Play:X player system with several additional Echo dots. My sole One is recognised by the Sonos and Aleca Apps and plays music /radio etc. on command. However, the microphone is not on and I can't switch it on by tapping the mic button. Therefore Alexa is unresponsive on this device only. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ledborough. Thanks for posting! Is the LED on the top on? Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a 6 Play:X player system with several additional Echo dots. My sole One is recognised by the Sonos and Aleca Apps and plays music /radio etc. on command. However, the microphone is not on and I can't switch it on by tapping the mic button. Therefore Alexa is unresponsive on this device only. Any suggestions?

First I suggest that you Disable the Sonos Skill and then Enable again. If the problem persists, can you open the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices and ensure that all names for Groups and Devices are unique? I personally use the naming convention Room Name + Device Type. e.g. Kitchen Sonos, Kitchen Echo Dot to ensure they are unique.

If you rename any devices, remember to select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover.