Question

Alexa Unresponsive on One

• 19 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a 6 Play:X player system with several additional Echo dots. My sole One is recognised by the Sonos and Aleca Apps and plays music /radio etc. on command. However, the microphone is not on and I can't switch it on by tapping the mic button. Therefore Alexa is unresponsive on this device only. Any suggestions?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ledborough. Thanks for posting! Is the LED on the top on? Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a 6 Play:X player system with several additional Echo dots. My sole One is recognised by the Sonos and Aleca Apps and plays music /radio etc. on command. However, the microphone is not on and I can't switch it on by tapping the mic button. Therefore Alexa is unresponsive on this device only. Any suggestions?

First I suggest that you Disable the Sonos Skill and then Enable again. If the problem persists, can you open the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices and ensure that all names for Groups and Devices are unique? I personally use the naming convention Room Name + Device Type. e.g. Kitchen Sonos, Kitchen Echo Dot to ensure they are unique.

If you rename any devices, remember to select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover.