Answered

Alexa unable to play Spotify

• 23 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I keep getting this error when trying to Alexa to play Spotify via my Play Ones

‘Your Spotify account does not support streaming to this device’

I have followed all instructions in the set up email, reinstalled the Sonos Skill, I have a Spotify Family Account. All works fine directly from Spotify and Sonos apps only a problem via Alexa.
Any idea?
icon

Best answer by nicka99 23 November 2017, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Have you linked the same Spotify account in the alexa music settings as on Sonos ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I keep getting this error when trying to Alexa to play Spotify via my Play Ones

‘Your Spotify account does not support streaming to this device’

I have followed all instructions in the set up email, reinstalled the Sonos Skill, I have a Spotify Family Account. All works fine directly from Spotify and Sonos apps only a problem via Alexa.
Any idea?

Are you logged into any other Amazon account in ANY app on any device logged into your email address? (Phone, tablet etc)
Hello BTW longtime reader first time poster 😃
I have linked my premium spotify both to sonos and amazon, yet i cant control sonos one with voice playing from it. Neither tunein
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have linked my premium spotify both to sonos and amazon, yet i cant control sonos one with voice playing from it. Neither tunein

You may want to reset your Voice Control by following actions I've listed in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Thanks turns out an old A/c was logged in on my iPad all working now