Question

Alexa too loud on latest update. In-app support removed. No diagnostics

• 2 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

In the latest version of the Sonos app for iOS, Alexa’s voice has become much too loud in relation to my TV volume.  I don’t recall this being an issue before. I have a standard set up where my Sonos app is allowed to control the volume, and my TV remote is also allowed to control the volume. It is always been this way and I have never had an issue with my Sonos Ones or my Beam and Alexa’s volume. TV says volume is fixed like it always has for the past year+ with this standard Sonos app setup.  But suddenly, Alexa‘s voice is way too loud. 

I was going to send Sonos a support question through the app, which is my preferred way of contacting them, along with a diagnostic support. However, in the newly updated app, I cannot find an option to reach out to support in the app, nor an option to send them diagnostics.

I’m very disappointed if they removed this option. 

I really prefer not to post in a public forum for a support inquiry unless absolutely necessary.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Same experience on the Sonos one.

Example: In a situation where spoken words from e.g. spotify are enjoyable at a Sonos volume of 20%, the google assistant yells at you. 

In the latest version of the Sonos app for iOS, Alexa’s voice has become much too loud in relation to my TV volume.  I don’t recall this being an issue before. I have a standard set up where my Sonos app is allowed to control the volume, and my TV remote is also allowed to control the volume. It is always been this way and I have never had an issue with my Sonos Ones or my Beam and Alexa’s volume. TV says volume is fixed like it always has for the past year+ with this standard Sonos app setup.  But suddenly, Alexa‘s voice is way too loud. 

I was going to send Sonos a support question through the app, which is my preferred way of contacting them, along with a diagnostic support. However, in the newly updated app, I cannot find an option to reach out to support in the app, nor an option to send them diagnostics.

I really prefer not to post in a public forum for a support inquiry unless absolutely necessary.

The link to Customer Services Support and the option to submit a Sonos Diagnostic is still available within the Sonos App. Goto “Settings/Help & Tips”👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The link to Customer Services Support and the option to submit a Sonos Diagnostic is still available within the Sonos App. Goto “Settings/Help & Tips”👍

I was able to find it in an updated version of the app. In a previous version of the app, the settings were buried and I was not able to locate them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Same experience on the Sonos one.

Example: In a situation where spoken words from e.g. spotify are enjoyable at a Sonos volume of 20%, the google assistant yells at you. 

I am still having difficulty with Alexa’s voice modulation with Sonos One and Beam speakers after the recent updates. Sometimes she cannot hear me and my voice is too quiet and I have to shout at her in order for her to hear me. At other times she is way too loud. Sometimes she is too quiet. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I hope this gets sorted out. 

I am still having difficulty with Alexa’s voice modulation with Sonos One and Beam speakers after the recent updates. Sometimes she cannot hear me and my voice is too quiet and I have to shout at her in order for her to hear me. At other times she is way too loud. Sometimes she is too quiet. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I hope this gets sorted out. 

The Alexa volume is fixed relative to the current speaker volume. I understand that is something Amazon may impose as part of their service. It suits some folk, but not everyone (unfortunately).

Hopefully Amazon will change their policy at some point in the future and we will all be able to adjust the Alexa volume to levels we choose.