Answered

Alexa syntax for using Line In ??

• 21 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I have audio sources connected to the Line In input on my Play 5's. What is the Alexa syntax to play the Line In on a Sonos speaker? e.g., Alexa, Play Kitchen Line In on Bedroom Sonos
TIA
Don
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 26 October 2017, 02:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi mikedisco, Alexa isn't currently able to switch to the line-in input. You can set the line-in as a favorite, and using some smart home functions with IFTTT you might be able to work something together, but it's not quite the same thing. That said, the line-in does have an autoplay option in the Sonos settings to it automatically will change to that input when it sees it's active. That would be under Settings > Room Settings > Line-In.
Hi has this been added in a feature yet. using tv input on play bar and have a one in the system one can control playbar but can not select Line in/ TV
I am sorry but this may have already been answered . I want Alexa to play the line in going from my tv to the line in Input on my play 5. So I would say , “ Alexa, play line in on “living room “ which would be the name of the play 5 speakers . Can Alexa play line in so I can get my tv audio to be played by asking her ,since I have my cable box going rca audio out to the line in 3/8 mini into my play 5 and are grouped as a stereo pair ? I don’t know if you have to name line in something like tv sound or if it just doesn’t know how to recognize the line in input on sonos as something to turn on and play ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Don, good question. Alexa doesn't currently know what a line-in is on Sonos. There isn't a command to turn that audio source on right now. We'll pass on the suggestion to the team for you though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi has this been added in a feature yet. using tv input on play bar and have a one in the system one can control playbar but can not select Line in/ TV

Neither the Playbar nor a Play (Or Sonos) 1 has a line-in. Playbar can be set to auto-start (default set as this) when TV is switched on.

Either way Alexa cannot control Line-In as a source on Sonos