Answered

Alexa super slow with my over 500Mbps wifi network

• 23 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’ve noticed that during the last week, all my Sonos devices Beam / One are slow to snail response with Alexa commends.  It used to be super fast.  No changes with my network nor hardware.  I think there was an update for Sonos though.  After that, everything becomes unusable.  My regular Amazon dots / shows are working perfectly with the same network wifi.  I’ve tried everything listed on similar topics like unplugging router and all devices and reconnecting.  Help?  Almost want to throw my Sonos out the door so unuseable.  Thanks in advance.  

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 24 September 2020, 23:37

Hi @WinVin.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here outlining the issue, as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Using the Sonos app, navigate to Settings > System > Date & Time > Set Time from Internet 

If the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @WinVin.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here outlining the issue, as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Using the Sonos app, navigate to Settings > System > Date & Time > Set Time from Internet 

If the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Badge

WOW, this fixed it.  Thank you.  wonder why it didn’t fix it when I rebooted everything / removed and added the devices back.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @WinVin.

Thanks for your response and update.

I’m so glad to hear that it was fixed, you did great.

Commonly, this issue is network related, and rebooting the devices helps to clear that out.

It is also important to ensure that your location information is updated to fix other issues.

I’m looking forward to the continuous smooth sailing of your system.

Cheers!