Question

Alexa stopped working on Sonos One after move

• 2 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I had to connect my Sonos to a new internet router after a move, had to reset everything to be able to connect. After that Alexa Stopped connecting to my Spotify or some routines I have set up, however responds to basic questions such as what time it is, weather, it can add products to my cart. when I tell her to play music it responds it’s going to Spotify and then it Immediately says, sorry that device is not connected. I tried disabling the skill and adding it back and it didn’t work. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Cat_chicago 

If you performed a ‘factory reset” (indicated by LED’s flashing green) which you’re called a “reset” then you destroyed everything and will have to rebuild your playlists, routines etc.  Read the information here on “factory Reset” of a single Sonos product or all in your setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In addition to AjTrek1’s comments, please open the Sonos App>Settings>Services>Amazon Alexa and ensure that your device is Enabled.

The factory reset and re-set up didn’t work. When I ask Alexa to play spotify, it says the device is off line. Alexa is authorizes in Sonos as my service. Also spotify is synced to Sonos… not sure what else to do, any suggestions?? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you open the Sonos App\Settings\System\Network and check that your wi-fi credentials are correct.