Answered

Alexa stopped working on my Beam.

• 2 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

after the new year Alexa stopped working. I followed the steps on the support page but Alexa is still not responding. 

Someone has another suggestion? I also rebooted the Sonos and my router. 

Tom

icon

Best answer by tomcx 2 January 2021, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there. I solved the issue. 

I use a DNS service and it blocked access to the domain: a2z.com. This domain is used to connect to Amazone. 

Everything is working fine now!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomcx.

Thanks for the feedback and update.

I’m glad to hear that everything is still working as expected. I do hope you continue to enjoy your Sonos. It may have been a DNS lookup issue that was preventing Sonos from communicating into the internet.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomcx.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for going the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. Allow me to help you by sharing some information.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Check the might status on your Sonos beam make sure it has a solid white light and not solid green light, Solid green light means it is on mute.
  2. Check microphone status. above the microphone logo on top of the beam, there should be a little white dot light and it should show a steady solid white light. If it has no white light, means the microphone is turned off.
  3. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  4. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  5. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  6. Open the Sonos App.
  7. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  8. Force close Sonos app.
  9. Force close the Alexa App.
  10. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  11. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  12. Register Sonos speaker
  13. Add music service.
  14. Test to check if it works.
  15. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes and keep us posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the reply. I followed all the steps. But it’s still not working. If I use another Alexa device (Alexa for second generation) I can turn off and On my TV with it. 

I send a diagnostic. The number is 1528872745

Update; I have some extra information  when I go the Alexa app it says my Sonos is offline. But it has an internet connection  I can play radio and Spotify without issues  

Tom