Answered

alexa stays in "listen" mode - and silences my music

In normal circumstances, when you say "ALEXA," the light comes on, and it turns the music down to listen to you. What I am calling the alexa "listen mode." However, my Sonos One recently got stuck in this mode, and will not come out of it. The light is on constantly, and the volume is down as though it is listening no matter where the volume setting is. I have restarted the unit and downloaded all available updates. It works fine after reboot until the first time I talk to Alexa, then it is stuck there....

Can anyone help? What is causing this? How do I fix it?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 13 July 2018, 01:18

Understood. At this point, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi there, DouginChicago. This is definitely not expected behavior. Would you mind replicating the problem and submitting a diagnostic report? Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end, I'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Diagnostic #: 868867990
See image
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Thanks, DouginChicago. I've seen a few issues where if you have the Follow Up feature enabled on Alexa, the chime will play after any commands. Follow Up Mode is enabled via the Settings menu either in the Alexa app or at alexa.amazon.com. Check on that and let us know if it gets this resolved. Thanks!
I checked in the Alexa app. Follow Up Mode is set to off. I tried turning it on. No change. Turned it back off. Still the same.
Alexa still works, she answers questions, etc. but after she is done answering, the light stays on, and the volume stays down.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Understood. At this point, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings