Question

Alexa speaking over the beginning of songs

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I know this has been raised elsewhere on the internet (e.g., Reddit) and I searched back several pages in this forum first to make sure I didn’t find an active recent discussion on this.  I also did a forum search but the most recent reference was a thread from two years ago - but, in any event, please pardon if this is in fact an “oh, no, not this again” topic:

Is there any fix or workaround to Alexa obscuring the first couple of second of a song with its lengthy announcement of the song title, the artist, and the music service being played - i.e., a way to get Alexa to wait to actually start the song until AFTER it is done with its announcement rather than speaking over the first few seconds of the track?

Thanks, 
Mike

Edit to add device:  I have the Sonos Arc, with a couple of Ones on the way.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I suspect that you have 'Follow on' mode selected under Alexa App/Device Settings/Your Arc

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, no, that setting “Follow up” is set to “off”. 

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry, that's the only option. Apart from asking for songs with a short name!😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I suspect that you have 'Follow on' mode selected under Alexa App/Device Settings/Your Arc

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, no, that setting “Follow up” is set to “off”. 

Mike