Answered

Alexa, Sonos One and Canada!

• 12 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 52 replies
I have the Alexia connection, working in Canada, using Alexia devices bought in Canada and a Sonos One speaker also bought here. The Sonos skill is not yet published directly or Canada, but indirectly I found that if I set up Yonomi on Alexa, enable Smart Home on the Alexa device and then allow Alexia/Yanomi to search for devices, then miraculously, it finds the Sonos device. I then attached the Sonos account to my US Amazon account (I had one already, but easy to set up anyway) and behold, the Sonos responds just like an Alexa. Not sure if this is a hack or just using available resources and common sense. It works, I can play my Amazon Prime Music on the My Canadian Snos Play. Now, if only I could figure out how to get Audible just as directly...
icon

Best answer by Edward R 1 March 2018, 13:32

Hi, Oboe. Luckily, you no longer have to resort to such methods to enjoy Alexa in Canada. We have rolled it out officially! If it's still working, mind you, no reason to change it. Let us know if you need anything.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Oboe. Luckily, you no longer have to resort to such methods to enjoy Alexa in Canada. We have rolled it out officially! If it's still working, mind you, no reason to change it. Let us know if you need anything.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yes, it works so I spent a while unravelling my approach, and, lo and behold, the Alexa integrationworks perfectly with the new updates, with all of my obfuscation removed. Good job by Sonos.