Question

Alexa - Sonos has stopped telling me info on song that's playing

• 18 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 9 replies
I often listen to my huge personal music library stored in an NAS. But ocassionally, I listen to Spotify. I am an album-oriented listener and create playlists by selecting several different albums rather than singles. And ever since I've hooked up Alexa with my Sonos system, I could ask what song is currently playing and it replies as I expect it to, giving the artist name, album and song title.

A few days ago, after the Sonos app was updated, Alexa stopped giving me the song information I ask of it like before. But if I ask the same question and the music source is a streaming service like Spotify it gives the song title and artist.

Was this change made in the recent app update?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Same here. Worked ok until recently but now "alexa - what's playing on xxx" gets the answer "I don't have information on what's playing on xxx", though it's the same files as were previously played.

Same problems here