Best answer by Ken_Griffiths
Thanks Ken, they told me to come here! It's a pretty new device so they are not experienced with all the possible devices and amazingly I am the first with Alexa enabled Sonos . The Dojo app is limited in setup/user config to allow traffic etc but it's a WIP I guess.
* 80 (Internet Radio, updates and registration)
* 443 (Rhapsody, Napster, and SiriusXM)
* 445 (CIFS)
* 3400 (incoming UPnP events - Sonos Controller App for Mac or PC)
* 3401 (Sonos Controller App for iOS)
* 3445 (OS X File Sharing)
* 3500 (Sonos Controller App for Android)
* 4070 (Spotify incoming events)
* 4444 (Sonos update process)
* 136-139 (NetBIOS)
* 1900 (UPnP events and device detection)
* 1901 (UPnP responses)
* 2869, 10243, 10280-10284 (Windows Media Player NSS)
* 5353 (Spotify Control)
* 6969 (Initial configuration)
Not sure exactly what Alexa requires ... but the first thing is perhaps to remove the Dojo and make sure it is that, that is causing the issue, then see if it somehow blocks the ports above in some way. Perhaps speak to Bullguard support again and see if they can advise further. They will surely want to find the answer to this in any event.
I would also perhaps dig around some more to see if you can see what ports the Amazon Alexa echo devices require access to.
Hope that helps (a little).👍 View original