Answered

Alexa: song ID command

• 4 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I’m new to Sonos and to the forum.  I set up my Sonos One this morning with Alexa.  It’s working, but every time I ask for a song, Alexa repeats the the name of the song and the singer. Annoying.  I discovered the command that is supposed to put and end to this is, “Alexa, turn off song ID.”  When I say the command, Alexa acknowledges my request but then continues to announce the song and singer.  Is the problem that this command is not implemented with Sonos? Is there a workaround?  Using an alternative to Alexa for instance.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

R

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 5 December 2019, 18:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for asking! Not all Alexa features are available on Sonos devices as it takes some dedicated engineering work each time a new one is added. Some features come quicker than others, and some never make it high enough of the priorities list. I believe the song ID feature is one of those not on Sonos yet, but I’ll check in with the team for you and make sure they know people are asking for it.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks much for the reply.  I hope Sonos does implement this option because having Alexa repeat the information I just requested is both unnecessary, loud, and annoying. 😁  If they do add it, how can I find out and will it automatically be added to commands on my Sonos?  

Thanks again,

Richard

I wanted to post my support for allowing to turn off song id.   I bought a pair of Sonos One’s in anticipation for voice control, but it really is too annoying to listen to the ID being played back, so I don’t bother with voice anymore.

Thank you.

filer,

We need a few more supporting votes before we can consider ourselves a movement, but thanks.  This is a start.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Strongly support. If she just said the song name it wouldn’t be so bad. But introducing the name, artist, album and music service ugh! Why would anyone want that??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS ONE HAPPEN!!!!

It is so very annoying, I work in software and I know this is not a fix that will take you a whole lot of resources - please dedicate them and let us all move on from this frustration.