Alexa Skill will not login to api.sonos

• 3 January 2019
  • 21 replies

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm trying to setup my beam and cannot enable the Alexa skill because Alexa can't login to api.sonos. So frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

I think the problem started today. There was a power outage at my house this afternoon and when the power came back on my Alexa voice commands wouldn’t work with Sonos but worked with all other smart home devices. So I decided to do a hard reset on my beam and Sonos One to start over. That’s where all the issues began. So everything was working fine yesterday but not today. I hope they figure it out soon.
I am having exactly the same issue!! I am strongly considering taking this product back! I've had it a week. Initially it was setup fine but now I'm having this issue that I can't seem to fix! Sort it out Sonos!You have posted in a thread that’s several months old... it’s working here in the UK by all accounts, perhaps try removing and re-installing the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App.

If you need any further help, then post back here with further information.
Yup exactly the same thing for me. I can't access Alexa through the add voice service in the Sonos app nor can I enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa app. Here are the two errors I get.
No luck yet! I've almost chucked my iPhone across the room a couple of times. I just have account settings and it says I'm logged in. What a joke. I certainly hope this is a service issue on Sonos' end and will be resolved soon. I'll be happy when it's resolved but super annoyed because I wasted so much time trying to figure it out.
I'm right there with you... I'll post an update if I can figure it out!
Add me to the list ...receiving the same screen message as fallsilent19 when trying to enable the Alexa Sonos skill.
I just bought a 2 pack of play one's at costco today to use as surrounds. I have a beam i ordered still in transit. Decided to test out the play ones and went to add the alexa app skill. Same exact thing. Says need to add speakers to email. I also don't have a "sonos account" button under More>Settings>...

Is this a new thing starting today or is this just the way the sonos system is with Alexa? Will it solve my problems to receive the beam and use the built in alexa vs trying to hook up the play one's to my existing smart home (1 echo and 3 echo dot's)?

Sounds like i'm in good company and only bothered adding to the list because the more people that post they're having a problem, perhaps the quicker we'll see a solution??
Thanks, I’ll be watching this thread!
Seems to be working now. I was able to set up my Sonos Beam and Sonos One again.
Ok, so I've got it to work. I'm not sure if it's something everyone can do though.. I bought a new iPhone today and just got it set up and used it to link my Sonos One with Alexa and it worked. I think it might have to do with a few things.. My phone is now fully updated with the latest software and I had to re-download the app completely. I think the a software update if you need it might be the issue..
I had all the latest software on Alexa, the Sonos App, and the iPhone. Wasn’t working at all yesterday. Tried it again after fallsilent19 said his was working and it magically started working as well with no changes on my end so it must have been on the server side of things. Glad they got it fixed!
Seems to be working now. I was able to set up my Sonos Beam and Sonos One again.

Had the same problem yesterday at about the same time fallsilent19 reported it, and after trying every solution without any luck (I was stuck in trying to activate the Sonos skill back in Alexa after having it deactivated first; the sistem wouldn’t log in to the Sonos api), I finally went to bed. First thing in the morning I do, is activating the Sonos skill, and this time it worked without any hassle, so it must have been a server thing on either Amazon Alexa or Sonos side, but anyways, it’s fixed.
I am still having this same issue. Can not link Alexa. No Sonos account listed under settings. Everything worked a few days ago. I have done multiple hard resets deleted amazon app etc and no luck.
I am having exactly the same issue!! I am strongly considering taking this product back! I've had it a week. Initially it was setup fine but now I'm having this issue that I can't seem to fix! Sort it out Sonos!
I battled through this issue over the last two days, to no avail. I could only get Alexa to play music to one of my Sonos speakers - even though it showed them all in my devices list. After trying all sorts of things, I finally deleted Sonos to start again. But then I couldnt get Alexa to add Sonos back as a new skill, no matter what I tried!!. In the end I deleted my Alexa App. Then I reloaded it from PlayStore, selected connecting to an existing system, and after it said it was connected to my system it then reported finding 4 new devices, my speakers and connect amp, and now all works OK. Seriously weird and frustrating..................
OK, it's June, 5 months later, and I'm having this exact issue. I've been trying for days. Have tried multiple devices, even transferred all my Sonos products to a different account and still can't enable Sonos skill. Says my products aren't registered to the account I'm specifying but they are. I guess I'll wait until things magically start working again.. or call support ... which I just love doing... sigh. I wish I had all the hours of my life back that I've spent trying to enable this Alexa skill. One interesting thing I've noticed through all this. Google Assistant recognized my Play:3 ... but only when it was hard-wired to the network. That's exciting! Hopefully the next software update will support my Playbar and allow the Sonos skill to work 🙂
I have the same issue with setting up alexa skill for sonos. I thought it’s supposed to work fine with iOS...
(loaction Germany)
any ideas on how to fix it?
I have the same issue with setting up alexa skill for sonos. I thought it’s supposed to work fine with iOS...
(loaction Germany)
any ideas on how to fix it?

Please note that there are some issues with “Alexa on Sonos” at the moment, so perhaps leave it for a few hours until the matter is shown as being resolved here in the status page...

https://status.sonos.com/

Hope that helps.👍
Yes, I'm having a similar issue.. just bought my first sonos (Sonos One) and when I go to the add amazon Alexa in voice control section the first requirement to log into Amazon account it immediately says problem adding Alexa and there's no way around it.. Sonos needs to get on top of their woopdy doo if they want to grow the business. Speakers are seriously great but the user experience with setting up functions is out of control! I'm also an investor and I'm now reconsidering that investment. I'm 28 years old and generally very capable when it comes to using tech like this. If I'm having these sort of problems I can't imagine what my parents or other tech-challenged individuals are going through... My assumption would be they are returning these things as quickly as they bought them. COMMON SONOS STEP UP YOUR GAME
haha YES, that's exactly what I'm going through.. Any luck?
Also, noticed I don't have 'My Sonos Account' in my sonos app 'more' tab