ALEXA SERVICE FOR COLOMBIA

• 29 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I am trying to add a voice service using Amazon device and sonos app returned error due to geographic restrictions, I am currently using alexa properly on my Echo plus device, when would be available Sonos support for Colombia?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @miguelfg76, welcome to the Sonos Community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Here are the countries that Amazon Alexa is available.
United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Japan,  Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico.

We have no information yet to share with you when Alexa will become available in other countries but you can check availability on Amazon Alexa on Sonos.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Rowena, I am currently  using an Amazon Echo Plus with Alexa service in Colombia without any issue, I really don't understand why it is not possible use the same service with my Sonos Five speaker?  I am Very disappointed for this limitation

I just bought two sonos one speakers and I just ran into this limitation!  it's a frustrating surprise!  dismissed from sonos in this regard.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks. Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We value your feedback and for sharing your thoughts with us. Alexa on Sonos devices is not yet available in Columbia. We'll be sure to make an announcement if that changes. We greatly appreciate your patience. You can read more about it here for updates. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

All other products with voice recognition are working perfectly, all of them with support and legal authorization of their manufacturers. I personally have Bose products and they all work with Alexa. Even Amazon products that are sold in the grocery store work perfectly. So I believe it’s a matter in your end to fix this as soon as posible, otherwise, why would you accept to sell your products under an official retailer if you are not going to offer the proper support and full services you promise