Answered

Alexa Routines on Sonos Move Speaker - Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device

• 2 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When I obtained my Alexa-Enabled SONOS Move speaker in 2019 I set up a routine for Alexa to say a greeting, give the weather, and play NPR News.  

1.  It initially worked great.
  2. Then, after an upgrade by SONOS or Amazon, it played the “Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device” message, but then went ahead and performed the routine.
  3. Now following further upgrades the Move speaker only plays the “not supported” message and no routine.
  4. The routine plays just fine on my iPhone using the Alexa app so I presume the routine is good.
  5. Because I have so much Sonos hardware in my home I am running the S1 Sonos Controller on my devices.

Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions to this little problem?
    Thanks much for any input!
icon

Best answer by Krishma M 3 August 2020, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Has this been fixed yet?  I’m still having issues where Alexa will perform some routines but not others on my Move. She acknowledges the routine but doesn’t do it. I can ask Alexa if my garage door is open or closed and she’ll tell me the right answer. But when I tell her to open or close the door, she says ok and nothing happens. The routine works on my phone and regular Amazon devices. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @GTSeattle, thanks for reaching out and check this article about Controlling Sonos with Amazon Alexa for more information because Alexa Routines is not currently supported and we'd be happy to share this with the team. Just let us know if you need anything. We’re here to help. Thanks!