Alexa Routines

• 9 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,

Are Alexa routines supposed to work now? Mine are not triggering at all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Working fine here 🙂
Userlevel 3
Weird cause mine do not work at all. I can't even see my Sonos One in the "Alexa will respond from" and Alexa keeps responding "hmm, I don't know that one"
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
My Beam can trigger Routines but responds that it can’t. Frustrating
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Depending on the device, Alexa sometimes replies "audio actions not supported" but yes, they generally work for me.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Same for me. But I have no audio actions in my routines, just light switching
+1 - would like to have alexa respond via the sonos one when a switch rule or schedule is triggered.
Mine is also not working. I don't have an Alexa native speaker, only the Sonos One. i can't set up any routines involving voice commands because it says there are no speakers available. If it's working for some people, how did you fix it? I think I have all the latest firmware.
Userlevel 1
I have 2 Sonos Beams and 2 Sonos Ones and I can't even set up a routine because it says no speakers available. I don't have any other Alexa devices.
Depending on the device, Alexa sometimes replies "audio actions not supported" but yes, they generally work for me.
Yes this is my experience too, but the routines do work for lights and plugs etc. The response from Alexa though is a real nuisance and it used to work fine with no Alex response before, so the Alexa feedback message is relatively a new thing. Hope Amazon will choose to fix this soon.