Alexa responds to request, but doesn't play anything

• 11 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
Had to re-set up my sonos one due to network change (actually 3 Sonos One's). Now If I ask alex to play something from amazon music, it says, "here's a station from amazon music....." like it did before, but then doesn't play anything. Alexa - play 93 wxrt. "Here's 93.1 wxrt from tune in radio", but then, no music.

I've tried several times. same response. I think it upgraded my software as part of this process and assume that is the issue...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I am having the exactly the same issue. Sometimes I get a response that streaming on another device. But it is not.
Badge
I would understand that for Amazon music, but that shouldn't affect TuneIn radio should it? plus, it it saying it will play it, just doesn't. it worked up until a day ago fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I suggest that you 'Disable' then 'Enable' the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and retest. If the problem persists please follow the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
Badge
I did the level 3 reset and still no change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Did you try section 2 as well?
Badge
Section 2 Worked!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news 🙂