Answered

Alexa responds but will not play music

• 25 November 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

This worked for me..disabling the sonos skill and then enabling. Thank you
Thanks so much. This has been frustrating me for a while now. Did make the time to get it resolved until now. I thought I had it fixed once with a power cycle. Didn’t last.
Badge
Boom, fixed my issue I came here to research...bye ;)
Hahaa it actually worked. Thanks for helping me out
I had to disable and enable Sonos from the alexa app. Let alexa discover it and started working. Thsnk you to Nora
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hey everyone I just fixed my issue. Originally I was told to delete the sonos and Alexa apps, reboot my sonos, etc but neither fixed the problem. Saw another post that said to disable the sonos skill in the Alexa app and reenable it. This worked! Hope this helps you guys too!!

thanks! that worked for me too!!
Userlevel 3
Hey everyone I just fixed my issue. Originally I was told to delete the sonos and Alexa apps, reboot my sonos, etc but neither fixed the problem. Saw another post that said to disable the sonos skill in the Alexa app and reenable it. This worked! Hope this helps you guys too!!

Moderator Note: If the information listed here did not resolve your issue, try this topic: Resolving the Majority of Issues with Alexa on Sonos
Userlevel 3
I'm having this issue too. Alexa was working fine, now when I ask to play the radio or Spotify, it will reply "playing radio from tunein" but nothing plays. It will respond correctly for the weather or radio and I can still play music if I initiate it from the app.
I have the same issue. I can ask my dot in the bedroom to play music in the living room(sonos one) and it will work but when i ask alexa on the sonos one to play on itself or to play on the dot the above happens.

Please advise
Userlevel 3
Sorry, one thing to add, 2 weeks ago when we set up the Sonos One / Alexa system, Alexa worked perfectly.