Question

Alexa request always play on the same sonos not the one i ask!

• 7 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have three Sonos Ones (S2) all with Alexa enabled.  The problem is whenever I ask Alexa to play music it comes out of the Sonos in my Kitchen regardless of where I ask i.e I ask in the bedroom to listen to music and it comes on it kitchen whereas I want to listen On the unit I ask in the bedroom.

Any help would be appreciated,

Dean

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I have three Sonos Ones (S2) all with Alexa enabled.  The problem is whenever I ask Alexa to play music it comes out of the Sonos in my Kitchen regardless of where I ask i.e I ask in the bedroom to listen to music and it comes on it kitchen whereas I want to listen On the unit I ask in the bedroom.

Any help would be appreciated,

Dean

Hi

This is probably due to how you have your Alexa groups set-up.  Please check out my post here, it’s old now but will still explain things.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @DeanHarris.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.I understand where you’re coming from. Let me help out.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,