Alexa poor control of Spotify

• 4 September 2018
  • 1 reply

I have Spotify linked to Sonos and Alexa and I can use Alexa to control Spotify, but only very coarsely. I cannot ask it to play an item from my Spotify playlist or a particular recording. For example if I say "Alexa, play Bach's English Suites from my Spotify playlist" Alexa responds "you want me to play Bach from Spotify, right?" If I respond yes then it just plays any piece of Bach it chooses. Is there any way to improve this disappointing performance?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, lordwanswell. Thanks for taking the time to post. In this case, you will need to tell Alexa the particular playlist you want it to pull from. Have you tried making a particular Spotify playlist for Bach's English Suites (called "Bach's English Suites")? This way, you can say: "Alexa, play my "Bach's English Suites" playlist from Spotify". Keep in mind, you may want to experiment with short and "easy" names for your Spotify playlists.

Let us know if this works out for you.