Answered

Alexa only plays one song and then stops

• 5 January 2018
  • 15 replies

Hi Folks

Happy New Year to everyone!

Just bought my 3rd Sonos this week (Sonos One). Alexa is only playing one song on a playlist then stopping which is driving me insane.
Has anyone got a solution to this very annoying problem please?
Looking at the forum it seems like a very common problem that keeps lingering on which is very disappointing considering the reputation of 2 huge companies Amazon & Sonos.

Any help or advice from anyone would be much appreciated?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 January 2018, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I started having this same issue today. Any help is appreciated.
We have the same issue, just tried to follow a guide from an older post saying disable the skill and forget devices then start them again and i can’t i disabled the skill but it won’t enable again now so cannot control my speakers at all now!!
Userlevel 1
Me too....used to work fine but has been doing the one song thing for a while......I saw elsewhere on the forum from a few months ago the thing about disabling the skill and forgetting the devices but I fear the same problem that kdewsnap had.......also, on the same thread from 2 months ago someone from Sonos said they were looking in to it......surely Sonos/Amazon you should have resolved this by now?
Badge
I had the same issue earlier, I disabled the Skill and now I can't re-enable it! Bloody frustrating!
Badge
There seems to be a flurry of posts about this issue over the last 20 mins or so. I guess a fault has developed somewhere with Alexa or Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Been there for a few months I think Rich N.....I just mailed Amazon about it as well
Makes me glad I've held onto my Slacker account until I can navigate all my stuff (favorites) over to Amazon Music as I just noticed this today after having enabled the Sonos skill on Alexa and removing the line-in from my 5... hope it's figured out soon for us all 🙂
I had the same problem when I originally linked Alexa and Sonos, one song would play, and then I lost all control of the device from there. I was able to fix it by disabling the linkage and re-enabling. Worked flawlessly for months now. About 30 minutes ago, the exact same issue started happening. I performed the same task, and now I get an error message saying "An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with Sonos. Please try again later."

I have tried from two phones and my computer, and no luck. I agree there has been a significant increase in similar traffic on the web in the last half hour. It makes me think Amazon or Sonos are having a problem.
Double post, sorry.
Mine is working again now. Thought i would try it again and the skill logged in this time and linked. I have to set up my groups again but other than that it seems to work so far. It has played more than one song anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There was an outage on the Alexa on Sonos connection that's since been resolved. You should be back up and good now.
Got mine on Christmas Day. It worked that day nad the 26th. By the 27th it could only stream one song then quit.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Ryan S ....... appears to be working again now
I was frustrated with the problem on setting up my first Sonos products today. For me the fix was to remove Amazon as a music service from within the Sonos App. Now voice commands work perfectly, playlists, radio and album change track correctly. I can't use the Sonos App to select music from Amazon Music but that doesn't bother me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I was frustrated with the problem on setting up my first Sonos products today. For me the fix was to remove Amazon as a music service from within the Sonos App. Now voice commands work perfectly, playlists, radio and album change track correctly. I can't use the Sonos App to select music from Amazon Music but that doesn't bother me.

This isn't required for voice control to work. Did you set up a default music service in Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media? The Answer in this post details steps to sort out most issues relating to Alexa playback issues:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16201009