Question

Alexa only playing one track from Amazon Music

• 25 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Alexa is only playing one track from Amazon music. I have seen this fixed with a patch on here for Spotify. Is there similar for Amazon Music?
Also;
Sonos.com states that you can play all your music on Sonos using Alexa. My music is on my computer and in Apple Music. How do I play that?

Diagnostic number 8000800

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

For the first one, reproduce the problem, then submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the reference number here.

For the second, Sonos states which services are fully supported and which do not support initiating play, only basic playback controls in the Announcement here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301

You can use Alexa to start playing from Amazon Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, TuneIn Radio, and we’re working to bring Spotify controls in the future too.

Also, any Alexa device on your account can use basic controls, such as play, pause, volume, and skip, on your Sonos players. This works for all services and music on Sonos, started through the Sonos app.
I have recreated the problem and attached the diagnostic to the original post - 8000800.
I have also attached a screen shot stating quite clearly "Use the convenient combination of your voice and the Sonos app to manage all your music in one place." The screen shot also shows Apple Music as one of the services on the device.
I'm not sure what you expect to happen with the screenshot. Apple music is not supported for initializing music, and probably will not be supported until Apple Music is supported on Alexa. However, you can initialize Apple Music via the Sonos app and control it via Alexa.*

*If you look close at the screenshot, the exact text states:

All of your music
Use the convenient combination of your voice and the Sonos app to control all of your music in one place.

Which is exactly what the announcement says, for other services like Apple Music, you can start play via the Sonos app, then use Alexa for basic control - aka "Use the convenient combination of your voice and the Sonos app to control all of your music in one place."