Answered

Alexa only playing one song through Sonos then STOPS

• 21 October 2017
  • 39 replies

Badge
I ask alexa to play an artist in in the living room. The first songs plays... and then nothing..... It seems like SONOS is not playing the alexa Que?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 4 February 2018, 09:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

I have noticed the same problem
And me
And me. Frustrating because before the final update, it worked with spotify which does not seem to be the case either amymore
Me too
Same here
Userlevel 2
Badge
Disabling the Sonos skill, forgetting the devices, enabling the Sonos skill and re discovering devices fixed this issue for me.
Badge
Disabling the Sonos skill, forgetting the devices, enabling the Sonos skill and re discovering devices fixed this issue for me.

I tried this.... no luck still have same issue.
Yes this fixed it for me also. But I am finding that if you power off your Sonos it seems to loose the connection between Sonos snd Alexa. So at present I am leaving Sonos powered up all the time.
Yes this fixed it for me also. But I am finding that if you power off your Sonos it seems to loose the connection between Sonos snd Alexa. So at present I am leaving Sonos powered up all the time.

Finding same thing here. After powering Sonos off and back on again I couldn't play to it even though Alexa thought it was. Only way to resolve was to disable and re-enable skill
Checked mine this morning aftrr leaving power on and works fine. Happy
Badge
I can get Sonos to play a Amazon playlist that I created but it will not stream any Amazon music?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're working with the team at Amazon Alexa on some trouble where at times it'll just play one track and stop.

Those steps above that zerreissen posted tend to resolve the issue, at least temporarily.

If you're still having trouble, or it comes up regularly, I'd advice give us a call on our support line so a technician can get some more details on what you're seeing.

Thanks!
I’m back to full functionality using the zerriessen procedure (disable Skill, forget Sonos devices, enable skill, rediscover devices) ... for those who don’t know, the “forget” option is no longer in the Alexa App ... go to Alexa.Amazon.Co.UK or your own country site and you can forget devices from there
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
We're working with the team at Amazon Alexa on some trouble where at times it'll just play one track and stop.

Those steps above that zerreissen posted tend to resolve the issue, at least temporarily.

If you're still having trouble, or it comes up regularly, I'd advice give us a call on our support line so a technician can get some more details on what you're seeing.

Thanks!

This started happening with me last night. Playing a playlist would only play one song, and I could see in the Alexa app that there were no songs in the queue for the device - normally there would be. Amazon support confirmed this is a general problem they've had several report of and were working on. It started working normally again a few hours later. Just as well as my wife was insisting all the Sonos Ones be returned immediately.
Same problem. Got my first Sonos 3 today to find it only plays one track and then stops if requested via Alexa. Also, after commencing playing the one track, all control over music playback on the Sonos is no longer possible via Alexa. In two minds whether I should get rid of Sonos as only purchased it so the kids could control music through Alexa. Not a good start!
Badge

Thanks!

@Ryan S any updates on this...its maddening. We love the sound of the Sonos One but we bought it primarily for the Alexa.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Ryan S any updates on this...its maddening. We love the sound of the Sonos One but we bought it primarily for the Alexa.
If you keep running into this issue I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line. We'll help work through the system and see if we can get it all sorted out with you.
If you keep running into this issue I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line. We'll help work through the system and see if we can get it all sorted out with you.

Shouldn’t this be addressed by a system or general software solution rather than a bespoke one?
This is still a problem. Followed the instructions, disabled the skill , dropped the device and re-enabled everything....One song.only.....

I know how to disable the skill inside of the Alexa app, but where is the “forgetting devices” option? I can’t find that.
Thanks.

I am having the same problem on my first day.

I know how to disable the skill inside of the Alexa app, but where is the “forgetting devices” option? I can’t find that.
Thanks.

In Alexa, in the list of your devices, on the right side of the screen is the option to forget.
In Alexa, in the list of your devices, on the right side of the screen is the option to forget.

Thanks.

Thank you.
I tried that “trick” and it is not working. Alexa hears me very well but when I ask about music “she” tells me the name of the song and then nothing happens.
Same problem here. Ryan why are you all not trying to fix this as an update? Totally limits the functionality. Also cannot control the playlist while music playing. When I try Alexa responds that “control is only available while music is playing.” But music is playing. Cmon mannnnnnnnnnnn...
Badge
Same problem, but Alexa will play a handful of songs, then stop. This is a Playlist that I uploaded to Amazon Music. The playlist will play fine if I initiate via the Sonos app. Problem only happens when I start via Alexa.