Answered

Alexa on Sonos One

• 4 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Alexa has suddenly stopped recognising commands when playing music i.e ‘STOP’ or ‘ Skip ‘ or ‘turn down ‘ etc .
Also started playing music randomly without a command or interference from TV - house was silent !
Any ideas ?
icon

Best answer by davey426 5 November 2017, 18:29

I’ve disabled voice services within Sonos App and re enabled and it seems to have sorted problem ?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Reboot?
I’ve tried a reboot but still doesn’t respond to commands such as stop/skip/pause . If I ask to play my music Alexa responds with playing music in lounge but nothing plays ? I can play music manually but if I ask Alexa to skip song for instance it’s says ‘Can only change the playback mode when music is playing ‘ - well music definitely was playing !! Really frustrated
Check in the Alexa app for any devices with duplicate names. If there are any, make them unique.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You could also try these steps:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
I’ve disabled voice services within Sonos App and re enabled and it seems to have sorted problem ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news 🙂