alexa on era 100

• 22 May 2023
  • 5 replies

hi,

Just set up my era 100 speaker and I am having difficulty with alexa. I have followed this instruction and it does nothing on the sonos app.

I can see the speaker on the alexa app after setting up the skill.

Yet the speaker doesn’t listen to alexa commands or appear on the app. I’ve tried customer service and they weren’t very helpful has anyone else had this problem and found a work around? Tempted to return the speaker as it was meant to replace my alexa

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you please check that your location in your Sonos profile is correct - www.sonos.com and also in the Alexa App>Device Settings.

It sounds like you haven’t (yet) added the Assistant to your Era speaker. Goto ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ in the S2 App and select to add the Amazon Alexa assistant software to your speaker.

It sounds like you haven’t (yet) added the Assistant to your Era speaker. Goto ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ in the S2 App and select to add the Amazon Alexa assistant software to your speaker.

these are the steps i followed still no luck:

What do you see in the S2 App if you goto ‘Settings/System/[Era-100 Room Name]’ and look under the subsection of ‘Voice’?

Your online Sonos user profile is located here @jm2284:

https://www.sonos.com/en/myaccount/user/profile

Also see attached screenshot and check your country setting as @UKMedia rightly suggests.