Answered

Alexa not working on Second Sonos One

• 29 October 2017
  • 3 replies

I have one Sonos One working just fine with Alexa. I added another Sonos One and it plays fine but Alexa does not respond at all. I have no other Alexa devices and no devices have the same same (they are all named by the Sonos APP anyway). I have diasble the skill, forgot devices, renabled skill and re discoverd devices, but the second SonosOne still does not work??
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 30 October 2017, 11:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please try these actions:

- In the Alexa app, select 'Skills' and disable the Sonos Skill;
- In the Alexa app (PC version), select 'Smart Home' then 'Devices';
- Select 'Forget All' at the bottom of the screen;
- In the Sonos app, select 'Settings' and for each of the Sonos 1's remove 'Voice Recognition';
- If you have a Connect or other wired Sonos device, please power down and then switch on and wait for it to boot;
- Power down the Sonos 1's and then switch them back on and wait for them to boot;
- In the Sonos app, Select 'Manage' and then select 'Add a player or sub' and add the Sonos 1's again. This will complete the set-up process again;
- In the Alexa app, select 'Skills' and ensure the Sonos skill is enabled, if not please 'Enable';
- In the Alexa app (PC version), select 'Smart Home' then 'Devices'
- Select 'Discover' at the bottom of the screen. Ensure that your Sonos 1's are displayed correctly and not shown as 'Off Line'. Also ensure that there are no devices with the same name (To ensure my Sonos devices are not duplicated, I've added Sonos to the end of each of my players within the Sonos App. Remember, if you want to do this, rename before selecting 'Discover'

If you still have the same problem, please submit a diagnostic and post the number here.
I am having the same issue, every time I enable voice control it stays for a few hours (still doesn’t respond) and then it will say voice control isn’t set up again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you open the Sonos app in Android or iOS and select your new Sonos 1 under settings, is Voice control enabled?