Answered

Alexa Not Working on My New Sonos One

• 26 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I just bought a Sonos one today, I already have a Sonos play1 and an amazon Alexa. After I had setup my new Sonos in the Sonos app, and after going though the voice setup, when I ask it to play a song it 1. takes about 25 seconds for it to know what I said and 2. either says there was a problem or just ignores it and does nothing. I don't know how to fix it and I really wouldn't like to return it if I didn't have to.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 September 2018, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please power down these devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete the boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos product
- Any other Sonos product
- All other connected network devices - A pain I know!

If this fixes the issue, I suggest that you reserve IP addresses in your Router set-up for your Sonos devices. (I use the range 192.168.0.200 and above for Sonos devices).
Now when I ask it to play a song it will take about 25 seconds to recognize what I said and then another 15 to start playing it, it still won't recognize when I ask it to play or pause or turn it up or down or anything like that