Answered

alexa not playing any music and bbc on sonos 1

• 22 November 2022
  • 11 replies

Can anyone help with this issue - on Sonos 1, I have installed Alexa and enabled the skills via alexa - but no BBC station will pay after the initial “BBC sounds” announcement…. I have installed……deleted, re enables, … rebooted and disabled and then re enabled the skill but to no avail…… and also……. Alexa won’t play any music at all ……..any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated…….

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 November 2022, 16:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Christopher10 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Have you added BBC Sounds as a service to Sonos? You will need to.

How to add a music service to Sonos

I hope this helps.

Hi - it doesn’t play any music …..I’m going to install afresh later on….

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What voice command are you using? What happens if you ask ' Alexa, play some music?

Apologies- had to take some time out …. No…. Other music sources are also not working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve tried that - im

on the Sonos chat line with a. Rep as we speak!

Sorry but does it work with any other music source?

I’ve tried that - im

on the Sonos chat line with a. Rep as we speak!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you test with any other music source?

Hi - I’ve reset and re linked the account and re booted all the devices - BBC sounds plays quite happily on my iPad but will not launch on Sonos 1 ……. There are sub Reddit posts about this ongoing issue …… I’m pretty certain that it’s a glitch that is somewhere embedded in the Sonos architecture….. I’m pretty techs myself and although I’m not an expert …. I’m wondering if this is associated with the recent update that Sonos issued a couple of weeks ago? Any help would be appreciated …!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you carry out these actions in my post:  Post

Yes …… it does everything apart from play music ….the BBC etc….. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Does it respond to ' Alexa, what is the time'?