Alexa not controlling my Spotify account

• 14 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a Beam. If I ask Alexa to play something on it from Spotify, she tells me this: "To play Spotify, link your premium account first using the Alexa app."

However, in the Alexa app, I'm linked to my Spotify premium account. And I'm signed into Spotify through the Sonos app too. She plays Amazon Music just fine and iHeart Radio, but gives me this about Spotify every time.

EDIT: I should note that I can also play Spotify just fine from the Sonos app. It's definitely an Alexa issue.

What have I done wrong here?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you please check that you can navigate to the same Spotify account in your Sonos app as your can in Alexa App>Music, Video & Books, Select your Beam at the top and then select Spotify and 'Go to Spotify App'?
I am also having this same issue. I have reset up my device and Alexa connection to Spotify. Please help as this is very frustrating!