Sub
Playbar

Kitchen
One

Bedroom
Play 1

Bathroom:
Play 1

Now if i use alexa it will not pair my groups and if i say for example volume 2 only the Sonos One will change its volume.
How can i do this and other tips and tricks the use of spotify is not as easy she will not play anything i say.

Kind Regards,
Roy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

To use voice control across multiple rooms, you need to group them in the Sonos App. Alexa groups aren't yet supported. Also, it's not currently possible to change the 'group volume' via voice control, you have to change each room individually or use the Sonos App. e.g. 'Alexa, volume 2 on Bedroom'

With regards to Spotify, I assume that you have linked the same Spotify account in the Sonos and Alexa Apps? If so, have you selected Spotify as your default music source in the Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media?

This article defines the commands supported for Spotify - please note that to play a Playlist you need to included the word 'playlist' in the command. e.g. 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist'

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.225184217.290538551.1516867354-1491669311.1488879254