Answered

Alexa multi room

• 18 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi
I am really confused as to the capabilities of Alex and controlling different rooms.

I have 3 speakers, Sonos One with Alex, Play 1 and Play 5. The speakers are labelled in the Sonos app as Bedroom, Living Room and Nursery.

If I say, Alex play Oasis in the Bedroom...should this work? I understand that multi room and grouping is not currently possible though?

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 May 2018, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes it should work. You can't yet group but playing by room is working.
Yes, that should work. If your Sonos One is bedroom, you shouldn't have to say 'in bedroom' as it knows that's where you are. Also, I personally find 'ON bedroom' to have less chance of error than ''IN bedroom' though both should work.

As far as grouping goes, you can't use the Alexa app, or Alexa voice commands, to group your Sonos speakers. However, if you group your bedroom and nursery in the Sonos app, for example, and then give the command "Alex play Oasis in the Bedroom", it will play in both the bedroom and nursery. The command won't break up your current groupings.