Question

Alexa Issues..

• 30 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Alexa has stopped playing my flash briefings. Also, Spotify no longer responds to voice commands. Spotify does work through my app. Please help as I have tried everything I can think of and I’m becoming more and more frustrated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dannyt2003.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation you are experiencing and would want to help out as it is really frustrating when all devices work but suddenly stops.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Alexa has stopped playing my flash briefings. Also, Spotify no longer responds to voice commands. Spotify does work through my app. Please help as I have tried everything I can think of and I’m becoming more and more frustrated.

Does Alexa respond to ‘Alexa, what’s the time’? If not, can you check that the Mic hasn’t been disabled accidentally, very easy to do when dusting!  Just touch the mic symbol and ensure that the round white light is lit. :)

Badge +2

Diagnostic number 2091660613

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dannyt2003.

Thanks for your immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you that based on the diagnostic submitted, the Sonos system is reporting a home channel mismatch. You master bedroom Sonos one is connected to a different networking device. The rest of your Sonos devices are connected via the Sonos net Mesh system but the master bedroom is not.  I would like to share that based on the diagnostic submitted, the Master bedroom, kitchen, and lounge do all have their mic active at the time the diagnostic was submitted. I would suggest rebooting the Sonos One bedroom and then following my recommendations above accordingly and let us observe how it goes. Amazon Alexa would not be able to coordinate and communicate in-between your Sonos devices if it cannot see all of the devices. rebooting the Sonos One master bedroom by unplugging it from power and plugging it back into power after 10-15 seconds should transition it to Sonos net grouping all of your Sonos systems.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Can I check to see if the Master Bedroom is now part of the system? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dannyt2003.

Thanks for your immediate response.

Can we submit another diagnostic? It seems that the diagnostic submitted is incomplete meaning it might be too early when the diagnostic was submitted. We may want to allow 3-5 minutes prior to resubmitting a diagnostic.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,