Alexa intergation in Hungary.

• 22 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello to Everyone!

I have recently bought a Beam, wich works properly with Sonos S2 app, it is ARC connected to a Sony TV, but I just can’t integrate Alexa in the Sonos S2 app, which - when I try to add Alexa - always returns, that this service is not available in my country (Hungary). Although, I have set up the ios Alexa app on my iPhone, with a Hungarian address, and Alexa seamlessly discovered the Beam. I can also give voice commands within the Alexa app (just as if I would talk to Siri on my iPhone, of course, in English) - and Alexa executes them properly, but the Sonos S2 app doesn’t allow me to add Alexa. 

I have linked my Sonos profile to Alexa, within the Alexa app, also. This means, everything works from the Amazon side, but the Sonos app doesn’t allow me to add Alexa, because of territory restrictions. Certainly, I would not like to create a new Apple ID with a fake US or UK address, just to be able to add Alexa to the Sonos app, because I’ve read, that is possible.

Could you just please suggest any workaround for me?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @attila.kenderessy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. This is still currently a feature request. Let me help you out with this feature request.

Let me share with you the guide about Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos. Currently, Hungary is not supported yet. However,  I will be more than happy to pass this on. I would recommend keeping your Sonos App and products up-to-date to receive the latest feature release, bug fixes, and Sonos app updates. We can also try to reach out to other members of the community if they have any recommended workaround at this point in time.

Please feel free to let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We highly value all feedback and feature requests.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick reply, which mostly met my expectations, as I know, it’s a company policy question to give access to voice command assistants in countries, where the native language support is lacked. I just really hope, that in the near future, one update will allow to integrate either Google Assistant, or Alexa in the Sonos S2 app, in English, which would be much appreciated by the folks over here, as your brilliant products are very popular in Central and Eastern Europe. The integration of Google Assistant is probably a further question, as Google doesn’t even allow to download their Assistant app from the ios AppStore in our region (!), but Alexa is working fine, so it might be allowed within the Sonos app, of course, in English. Anyway, it’s not a burning issue, but it would be nice to be able to use this feature in our georaphical area, too. I will keep the app updated, as advised!

Keep up the good work, your products are excellent!

All the best,

Attila