Alexa in Singapore

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there a reason why Alexa does not support in SG? And while people can play Apple Music using Google Assistant in other devices, Sonos does not have it!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hridayanahata 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Third-party devices (those not made by Amazon/Google) often have restrictions in their respective software that doesn’t apply to their native devices. This can include regional availability. 

I will mark this thread as a feature request, but please note:

• In the case of Alexa, your getting in touch with Amazon directly in regards to using Alexa on Sonos in Singapore will have more impact.
  • Similarly, your getting in touch with Apple and Google with your request regarding Apple Music and Google Assistant will also have more impact

Companies (including ourselves) take direct feedback from our own customers as a higher priority than feedback from other companies.

• In the case of Alexa, your getting in touch with Amazon directly in regards to using Alexa on Sonos in Singapore will have more impact.

What I have learned is that where Sonos cannot use Alexa in a given geography, this is because Sonos has not committed to installing server infrastructure in/near that location as is needed to avoid latency issues in the Alexa integration. And this is because Sonos does not consider that location to be enough of a market of interest to justify the investment it would need to make to support the integration. This is therefore a Sonos business decision, so how can contacting Amazon help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If that’s the case (I don’t exactly get training in it) then I stand corrected. I have already marked this case as a feature request anyway, so the feedback will be passed along.

If that’s the case (I don’t exactly get training in it)

Fair enough. But for Sonos management this should be a message for more training and consequently less boiler plate responses from staff here - especially of the kind that passes the buck to other companies. Perhaps you will pass this feedback along as well.