Alexa in Portuguese-br

• 18 October 2019
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello.

I would like to know if sonos plans to release alexa to Brazil in portuguese-br.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

This would be a question you should be asking Amazon. Sonos is only a method to get your voice transmitted to them. 

Userlevel 2

hey Airgetlam, thanks for the reply!

Amazon just released Alexa in portuguese-br I just want to know if Sonos will suport it. Once brazil and portuguese are not listed on supported countries

Userlevel 2

I have the same doubt. Alexa has just arrived in Brazil (portuguese-br) and day after day I tried to update my Sonos app to be able to choose portuguese-br as my default language for Alexa in Sonos with no success.

Are any plans to support portuguese?

Userlevel 2

I am facing the same problem. Amazon Alexa is now supported in Brazil using Portuguese, but to change the Alexa on my Sonos One Gen2 it’s necessary to enter the Sonos app and in the languages list for Alexa Portuguese is not available (it's not in the list).

Now that Alexa supports Portuguese, I think it’s only necessary Sonos add this new language to the app.

I hope Sonos update the app soon in order to support this change.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same issue here, I have a Sonos beam and the Sonos app doesn’t support Portuguese yet. Waiting for the update.

I’m facing the same issue, I have 1 Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos One, none of those three work with Alexa in Brazil. At the same time I have an Amazon Echo that works perfectly for me in Brazil… But I would prefer to use my Sonos system with Alexa instead of my Echo.

The same for me. I have Sonos One and Sonos Beam. Just waiting for a new release from Sonos to make Alexa works in Brazil. 

Any update from the Sonos team?

Same here, 

Sonos app should have the option of portuguese in the language options, currently i see only English (US, Canada, UK, Australia), German, French, Japanese, Canadian French, Spanish (Spain and Mexico) and Italian. No sign of portuguese. 

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don't see yet Portuguese as a Language option for Alexa, Alexa already have that on Echo devices but missing on my Beam. Any news?

Same! Just ordered another sonos hoping it to have Portuguese support for Alexa

Experiencing the same problem. It’s totally unpractical to have two different languages on my home, once my echo dots speak Portuguese. Seriously considering getting rid of Sonos, unfortunately.

Its not possible to create a ticket for development ?

The Sonus its a very expensive gadget to not provide any support, where is the support team to give us any news about that ?

Hey everyone. I would like to thank you for all the feedback.

Sonos is always trying to expand our regional support with Alexa and other voice services.

Although we do not have a projected date for when the Alexa service will be available on Sonos in Brazil, 

I would be happy to create a feature request for this and send it up the pipelines within Sonos.

Alexa support for Brazil have been a highly requested feature and I urge everyone to monitor the Community 

for any updates that may be announced in the future.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Adam,

Any news on this matter? I don't yet see Portuguese as a Language option for Alexa, Alexa already have that on Echo devices but missing on my Beam. I don’t understand why even though the language is available to be used (by Amazon) it doesn’t show up in the Sonos app.

Regards,

Cesar

Hi @cgammaro.

News regarding Portuguese support on Alexa will be updated here. At this time, we do not have any updates regarding added language support for Alexa.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the response. I’m looking forward to be able to speak Portuguese to Alexa and be able to hear the news in Portuguese as well. She reads news that are in Portuguese as American english which makes it impossible to understand what she is saying. Also she can’t play music by Brazilian bands/singers as she can’t figure it out the names… so I can ask music to be played by Metallica or Coldplay without any issue, but if I ask for Caetano Veloso or Paralamas do Sucesso, she can’t figure it out the band or singer which is really annoying. I’m currently speaking english to Alexa as this is the only option I have, for my surprise Italian and other languages are also available.   Regards, Cesar 
Badge

Hello,

When do we have this!! Please don’t forget… you have Brazil but ALEXA and GOOGLE are already for a long time availble in PORTUGAL!!!

So for when :) plssss

@Adam S 

Any update ? 

At this point all Alexa devices can speak portuguese with no issues (this function is stable).

I understand that you will have to add a new entry in popup in Sonos app to set to pt-BR, but other than that all the voices are coming from Amazon , so not really sure why you need spend time developing this feature if the feature is provided by Amazon. This will make all Sonos users that want this feature in Brazil and around the world using Alexa with Sonos speakers happy.

Thanks,

Guilherme

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I am also interested in having Portuguese functionality. I have Sonos systems working with Alexa in Canada and Brasil. I’d like to switch to Portuguese in Brasil so the rest of the family doesn’t have to bother with English. I’m the only native English speaker, so we would definitely benefit from Portuguese capability. 

This is very frustrating. Bought a number of Sonos Ones to replace the HomePod we currently have but didn't know it wasn't ready for Portuguese yet. You assume that if Alexa is available in Portuguese, Sonos having "Alexa built-in" as advertised, will support it. Well, I was wrong. 

Hopefully the team can implement this soon. NPS detractor right here. o/

Badge

Esperando sentado, há quase 1 ano, essa atualização Sonos, para liberar o Alexa em Português do Brasil.

I can't use Alexa in Portuguese along with my Sonos system. I was about to buy the new Sonos One, but my family won't be able to use in English. =/

What the hell sonos!  We are waiting for  MORE then 1 year and we still cannot use alexa in portuguese in your product!

Sonos, 

More then 1 (ONE), yes, ONE YEAR ago, Amazon released the support for alexa in portuguese.  You deliver your product advertising ALEXA SUPPORT with a alexa dial on top of it, can you PLEASE, STEP UP and just make the skill able to be installed in the BRASILIAN ALEXA APP?  Jezus Christ, how hard is this that takes over one year to make?

Uow, how sad I am to find out I am just not able to use these new 2 Alexa echos with my Sonos Speakers/Home Theater integration. I have two play1, one play5 and a Sonos Port so there is a quite good amount of money invested in these speakers. Please give us some atention, guys. C’mon.