Alexa in Portuguese-br

• 18 October 2019
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Hey everyone. I would like to thank you for all the feedback.

Sonos is always trying to expand our regional support with Alexa and other voice services.

Although we do not have a projected date for when the Alexa service will be available on Sonos in Brazil, 

I would be happy to create a feature request for this and send it up the pipelines within Sonos.

Alexa support for Brazil have been a highly requested feature and I urge everyone to monitor the Community 

for any updates that may be announced in the future.

Its not possible to create a ticket for development ?

The Sonus its a very expensive gadget to not provide any support, where is the support team to give us any news about that ?

Experiencing the same problem. It’s totally unpractical to have two different languages on my home, once my echo dots speak Portuguese. Seriously considering getting rid of Sonos, unfortunately.

Same! Just ordered another sonos hoping it to have Portuguese support for Alexa

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don't see yet Portuguese as a Language option for Alexa, Alexa already have that on Echo devices but missing on my Beam. Any news?

Same here, 

Sonos app should have the option of portuguese in the language options, currently i see only English (US, Canada, UK, Australia), German, French, Japanese, Canadian French, Spanish (Spain and Mexico) and Italian. No sign of portuguese. 

Thanks

The same for me. I have Sonos One and Sonos Beam. Just waiting for a new release from Sonos to make Alexa works in Brazil. 

Any update from the Sonos team?

I’m facing the same issue, I have 1 Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos One, none of those three work with Alexa in Brazil. At the same time I have an Amazon Echo that works perfectly for me in Brazil… But I would prefer to use my Sonos system with Alexa instead of my Echo.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same issue here, I have a Sonos beam and the Sonos app doesn’t support Portuguese yet. Waiting for the update.

Userlevel 2

I am facing the same problem. Amazon Alexa is now supported in Brazil using Portuguese, but to change the Alexa on my Sonos One Gen2 it’s necessary to enter the Sonos app and in the languages list for Alexa Portuguese is not available (it's not in the list).

Now that Alexa supports Portuguese, I think it’s only necessary Sonos add this new language to the app.

I hope Sonos update the app soon in order to support this change.

Userlevel 2

I have the same doubt. Alexa has just arrived in Brazil (portuguese-br) and day after day I tried to update my Sonos app to be able to choose portuguese-br as my default language for Alexa in Sonos with no success.

Are any plans to support portuguese?

Userlevel 2

hey Airgetlam, thanks for the reply!

Amazon just released Alexa in portuguese-br I just want to know if Sonos will suport it. Once brazil and portuguese are not listed on supported countries

This would be a question you should be asking Amazon. Sonos is only a method to get your voice transmitted to them.