Alexa habla español… and Sonos?

• 23 October 2018
  • 47 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 18 replies
Hi everyone, Amazon just released the new language and also the Echo family on Spain. Alexa is now compatible with Spanish (from Spain), Alexa ahora habla español, when will Sonos update our speakers with the new language?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would assume if you set Alexa in the Alexa app to Spanish, then Sonos speakers will work in Spanish.
Badge
You need to set the Alexa language on the Sonos app. At the moment Spanish still doesn’t appear on the Sonos app.
Badge
When will be able to add voice asistant to my sonos one in my country Spain?¿
Badge
You need to set the Alexa language on the Sonos app. At the moment Spanish still doesn’t appear on the Sonos app.
Badge
When will be able to add voice asistant to my sonos one in my country Spain?¿.
Any news??
Just a question guys, Is not that a problem only when you want to control Sonos using Alexa?
I mean, for any other Alexa command, is not the Alexa app who handles it?
Badge
Looking forward to speak in Spanish to my Sonos One!! Come on guys!! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Sonos need to create the Sonos Skill and upload it to the Spanish Alexa Skills Shop. If you search at Alexa's Spanish website the Sonos skill does not appears.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Italian too!
Please sonos: Alexa sonos skill in Spanish. And sonos one Alexa in Spanish too. Come on please..!
Yeah come on guys! You’ve had since June (when betas were released) to get ready for Italian and Spanish. And still no ETA.
I hope no one buys a Sonos One now from Amazon because that would be pretty bad: listed as “Alexa-compatible”, while not actually available yet to activate.
Badge
The same is happening for Italian. Amazon just launched Alexa and Echo here and Sonos made a press release about the upcoming availability on Sonos (here, in Italian: https://www.smartworld.it/tecnologia/amazon-alexa-partner-italia.html ).

Anyway, at the moment, I can't find any skill related to Sonos in the local skills store. I suppose we just have to wait: it would have been nice to have the availability from day one, but we know Sonos doesn't do a great work in term of reactivity. I'm waiting to check how it works with an Echo Dot to change some old Sonos:1 to the last iteration.
The same is happening for Italian. Amazon just launched Alexa and Echo here and Sonos made a press release about the upcoming availability on Sonos (here, in Italian: https://www.smartworld.it/tecnologia/amazon-alexa-partner-italia.html ).

Anyway, at the moment, I can't find any skill related to Sonos in the local skills store. I suppose we just have to wait: it would have been nice to have the availability from day one, but we know Sonos doesn't do a great work in term of reactivity. I'm waiting to check how it works with an Echo Dot to change some old Sonos:1 to the last iteration.

Yeah I’m Italian too. I got an Echo Dot for my bedroom and it works pretty great for what I need.
It sucks though that I can’t activate my Sonos Beam in the living room yet. They’ve had several months to get ready. Although it’s not the end of the world, it would be nice to have it
Badge

Yeah I’m Italian too. I got an Echo Dot for my bedroom and it works pretty great for what I need.
It sucks though that I can’t activate my Sonos Beam in the living room yet. They’ve had several months to get ready. Although it’s not the end of the world, it would be nice to have it

Unfortunately, this company has always been much more focused on the hardware. It was good a few years ago when they were the sole real competitor on the market. Nowadays, other companies are moving at a much higher speed and Sonos can't keep up. It's just annoying, not a real problem. I'm evaluating a switch to a different sound system but it's obviously difficult when you have spent so much money in the one you have. Only thing I can say is that, sadly, as the "tech guy" between friends and family, I'm suggesting different solutions to those approaching this market.

Unfortunately, this company has always been much more focused on the hardware. It was good a few years ago when they were the sole real competitor on the market. Nowadays, other companies are moving at a much higher speed and Sonos can't keep up. It's just annoying, not a real problem. I'm evaluating a switch to a different sound system but it's obviously difficult when you have spent so much money in the one you have. Only thing I can say is that, sadly, as the "tech guy" between friends and family, I'm suggesting different solutions to those approaching this market.

What companies/products are those?
Badge
I'm sorry @jgatie, I'm not here to make a controversy. There are other products on the market similar to Sonos', look for them if you want.
I'm sorry @jgatie, I'm not here to make a controversy. There are other products on the market similar to Sonos', look for them if you want.

I feel that if you are going to post a "or the bunny gets it" threat, you should actually be able to post what alternatives you are now going to recommend. Otherwise, why threaten the bunny at all?
Badge
You clearly know what are the alternatives. You don't reach the tall of over 17000 replies without knowing this kind of stuff. Let's stay in topic and see if and when Sonos will be able to interact in the new languages added by Amazon.
You clearly know what are the alternatives. You don't reach the tall of over 17000 replies without knowing this kind of stuff. Let's stay in topic and see if and when Sonos will be able to interact in the new languages added by Amazon.

The only true competitors are Bose and Denon. Bose's Alexa supporting "Smart Speakers" are incompatible with their former line of multi-room speakers, which are now discontinued. Unlike Sonos, who made their voice control 100% backwards compatible.

Denon was sued by Sonos for patent infringement, and their sales are dwarfed by Sonos. They too have had to redesign the line 2 times since their launch.

As far as staying on topic, it was you, not I, who brought up competitors.
Badge
Ok, so there are no true alternatives to Sonos. Noted. Thanks for sharing, I was wrong. Now, if you happen to also know what OP is asking for, that would be great.
I know that it takes a couple months after Alexa is released in a region for Sonos to support it. French support took from March (Alexa French support released) till June (Sonos French support released). Though some are still waiting (India), they were never said to be coming. Since Spanish support was confirmed by Sonos as coming, give it a few months.
Badge
Thank you!
Alexa was oficially released in France on June 6th and Sonos started supporting it a few days later on June 19th with version 8.6. Hopefully this does not take longer (months).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please see my post in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/install-alexa-in-sonos-in-spain-6814813